Friday, March 18, 2011

Beatles Texture Composition


     This is a collage I did of the Beatles.  I was thinking about how the Beatles affected the world for inspiration, and I concluded that the Beatles changed the world in many different ways.  This collage is void of color because I felt that when doing a Beatles collage, you could either do a greyscale collage or a super colorful collage (mainly because of the influence of psychedelic drugs on the Beatles' actions and music).  I tried adding color to my primarily black and white collage, but it didn't really work, or at least I couldn't manage to make it work.
     The main texture (the large black lines) is actually words...it says "THE BEATLES HELP".  I did this because when I was trying to decide how to texture the piece, this is what happened (bear with this).  My brain thought "texture...hmmmm....texture....ummm...what to do......(lightbulb)...TEXTure!!!"  So this is my attempt to create texture with text.

No comments:

Post a Comment